let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Penticton
Immaculate well cared for home on a quiet street within easy flat walking distance to Cherry Lane Mall and Parkway Elementary school.The newer roof is less than two years old, with newer furnace, central air conditioner and new doors and windows as well. Full basement with rec room, bedroom, bathroom and a large workshop for all your hobbies and projects. Pride of ownership clearly shows throughout this solid...
Enjoy your early-bird coffee in the large glassed-in sunroom facing the morning sun, as well as the generous size and space available in this two bedroom two bath top floor corner home. There is an open kitchen, dining and living area for easy entertaining with elegant black kitchen appliances all included. With a very convenient central location and easy walk less than a block to shopping and public transit,...
Easy living in a great location. This cheerful 1 bedroom plus flex room condo is open and bright and a short walk to famous Skaha Beach and amenities. Enjoy the security and comfort of a steel and concrete building that features geo thermal heating/cooling that is included in the strata fees. Other features include: Solid surface countertops, sit up kitchen island, natural gas fireplace, gas barbecue outlet, ...Listed by RE/MAX PENTICTON REALTY
Welcome to Elevate - Featuring the best rooftop patio in town! Sophistication, simplicity, & quality paired with inspiring Lake views at 163 Townley Street - Built & designed by 41 Homes & Vineyard Developments - Multiple Tommie Award Winner & 2017 Builder Of The Year. Masterful design & modern luxury are flawlessly embodied in this exclusive townhome that will leave you speechless, only minutes walk from Pen...Listed by ROYAL LEPAGE LOCATIONS WEST
This home has Flexibility & Functionality! Family home, multi-generational, wheelchair/mobility friendly, B&B, small business- this home could suit any one of these. Located on Main Street Keremeos -walk to amenities, just 30 mins to Penticton. Main floor has 9' ceilings, French doors, 2 bedrooms, laundry, huge walk-in shower, 36" doorways, ramps at 2 entrances, mud room & beautiful spaces with tons of light ...Listed by CENTURY 21 HORIZON WEST REALTY
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015